Childhood trauma is a public health issue.
At All Faiths Children’s Advocacy Center (AFAC), our approach to healing and recovery is through a trauma sensitive lens by recognizing the widespread impact of trauma and its lasting impact upon a child’s mental, physical, social, emotional, and spiritual well-being. As a Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), accredited by the National Children’s Alliance, we provide a child-friendly facility where law enforcement, child protection, family advocacy, therapy, and training offer children and their caregivers safety and a road to healing and recovery.
All Faiths offers Master’s level students an opportunity to develop their therapy skills in a supportive, trauma-informed environment. Interns will be provided with opportunities to observe other therapists as they work with their clients. Our interns have the opportunity to work their own caseload of an estimated 4-8 clients throughout their internship. Interns will also receive the opportunity to co-facilitate teen and parenting therapy groups, if they so choose. Interns will receive training in trauma-sensitive care, the Nurtured Heart Approach, trauma-focused CBT, and other topics as available and as of interest to intern.
Through our program, interns will also learn about:
• Writing progress notes
• Creating treatment plans
• Updating diagnoses
• Interns will participate in one hour of individual supervision each week.
• Must be able to attend weekly group supervision and training meetings scheduled Tuesdays from 10am – 12pm.
• Due to caseload experience, interns will commit to a minimum of 2 semesters, or a full academic year with AFAC agency.
• Intern must be a 2nd year student.
• Intern must complete both practicum and internship semesters with AFAC.
• Interns are not required to continue working during their program’s winter/spring break, their clients’ needs will be attended by their supervisor during that time.
Interested students may submit an intern application, letter of interest and a resume to the Intern Supervisor, Samantha Williams, LCSW, at email@example.com for consideration.